Friday, February 29, 2008

# 7 Blog about technology


banclock
Originally uploaded by Bluebell Rav
Whilst researching for this week's blog entry on technology I decided to search for information on a piece of technology I use every day. As I rely on my alarm clock on a daily basis I thought it would be interesting to see how technology has been used on this small electronic appliance that sits buzzing next to my head during my hours of slumber.

I found an article on an alarm clock called the BanClock. Interestingly, this alarm clock doesn't feature a snooze button and instead requires the user to insert a coin to activate the snooze function. I guess this is a way to help you save money at the same time as ensuring you do not continously hit the snooze option, making you late for work. I think my BanClock would be full of coins within a couple of days going by my habit of hitting the snooze button for an extra 1/2 hour each morning. This article was found at http://www.smartwiredhouse.com.au/trade/reading-room-article/471

Another odd alarm clock I read about is The BlowFly Alarm Clock. This one takes off and flys around the room, hovering and making an annoying noise until you catch it and return it to its base.
http://www.hiptechblog.com/2005/12/11/the-blowfly-alarm-clock/

Makes my CD alarm clock seem rather dull!

1 comment:

Paul said...

What a totally clever but totally fiendish idea! Certainly beats the beeping of the alarm on my watch at 6am!

Cheers, Paul.